Friday, March 27, 2009

Well, let's see. I don't often just write about what is happening in our lives lately. But that's what I am doing tonight. Today I worked with some high school music students and had a great time teaching them. It was fun to see the immediate results I was able to see in their playing and to help them experience success in a short amount of time. They were eager to learn and willing to try what I asked.

Ben started soccer practice for the first time today. He loved it! He was a little shy at first, but by the end he didn't want to leave. He came home and got out his own soccer ball and played for a bit longer. The coach said he is good at kicking and did a good job as goalie. I think this will be fun for him.

Anna has been doing violin lessons and is making good progress. She likes her teacher, but doesn't love the practicing. She has established a very silly tradition of glueing pom poms to the end of her nose right before her lesson. And she refuses to take them off until the lesson is over. I decided it wasn't worth the battle to get her to take them off. She looks silly, but if it makes her happy I guess it doesn't really matter.

No comments: