Sunday, September 7, 2008
hypertension
Recently, I was diagnosed with hypertension. And my doctor gave me a prescription to lower my blood pressure. It has helped bring down my blood pressure and I have been surprised at the increase in energy I have felt. There are several things that cause hypertension. One is being overweight. So I am trying to eat more healthily and in smaller portions. It would be good if I could find a way to fit some exercise into my schedule as well. Stress is another factor in hypertension. I do have a fair amount of stress in my life. I really struggle to manage working full-time, caring for children, taking care of my house, and doing things for church and community. I am feeling less stress at work this year-last year was really stressful. Anyway, I have just really been paying attention to my stress levels and trying not to stress over little things. My perfectionist personality is pain sometimes! Another factor in hypertension is heredity. Both my mom and my grandfather had hypertension, so I guess I can blame part of this on them. My grandfather (at age39) actually died from complications of his hypertension. I am really grateful we have drugs that can help us with this now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
MADELINE!!! I have been watching for a post. Yeah!!
I'm sorry to hear about this, but it almosts sounds like it is a good thing that you have a reason for things to be "off". Now maybe with medication, you can get back to your healthiest self!! I'm glad things are going better for you this year. The first year is always the hardest!
Glad to see you posting! Keep in touch!
Post a Comment