Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Last week of school

This is the last week of school for my kids. On Monday, Ben had a field trip and Anna had her school's version of field day. They call it Junior Olympics here. Today they both had a rehearsal for Thursday's dance festival and Anna celebrated her "unbirthday" at school today. They celebrate the birthday's of kids with summer birthdays. She took a poster with some pictures and information about herself, and we served cupcakes to all her classmates. It has pretty much been a party week at school. Things are winding down-they are cleaning out their desks and bringing home year-long projects.

School teachers are amazing to me. They work so hard and yet they seem sad to see their classes go. I'm not sure I always feel that way about my students. Sometimes I am happy to see them move on. I'm always ready for the semester to end and look forward to the break. I love the new beginnings in my job. Yay for teachers!

1 comment:

Atwood Ohana said...

Madeline, I found your blog! I enjoyed reading your posts. I think school teachers are pretty amazing too! haha. I look forward to playing lots this summer with you and your kids. thanks again for helping me start up my garden. One day I'll be able to plant a garden like yours. hahaa. love ya!